Thursday 18 July 2013

Desert Island Crafting


Good morning to you all, time for some mid month inspiration which this months sees the start of a little bit of fun with our Desert Island Crafting where each month we will feature one of the DT. Each will be allowed six items of their choice, for the colouring medium they are allowed five colours but need to explain their choice and in addition each can have 50 sheets of cardstock

This month it's the turn of our Tracy and you will see below her items of choices and also another lovely card from her:



My six essential Desert Island crafting items are:-

1) Colouring Medium (we are allowed 5 colours) - Distress inks - Brushed Corduroy, Stormy Sky, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed.

I chose distress Inks as I can use them to colour images and to ink around edges, and as a versatile colouring medium I can mix colours to make colours, hence my colour shade choices.

2) Guillotine - I'm a bit of symmetrical person and have to have straight lines

3) Collall - all purpose glue - it just sticks anything and could complete a full card using that as the only adhesive.

4) Flower Punch - being partial to my handmade flowers on my cards one of these would be a must for me to embellish.

5) Stickles Diamond Dust this is my favourite and I love my sparkle

6) A set of House Mouse stamps - they are my all time favourite stamps

In addition we are all allowed 50 sheets of cardstock of our choice - I would choose 25 sheets of white as I could colour stain them with inks, then 25 sheets of assorted pastel colours as I like pastels best.

I know I'll have forgot some kind of essential

Tracy x

Thanks so much Tracy, I had a feeling those little mice would make an appearance.

There is still plenty of time to join in with this months challenge where we have an option theme, Tracy's sketch and/or summer colours an as always you can enter up to three times to increase you choice of wining the fabulous prize from Little Claires who are this months lovely sponsor.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card and a great choice of 'desert island must haves'. Wonder how long it would all last though.
Beryl xx

rachel said...

great card Brenda - loved seeing your shooting card with the feathers at the Doncaster show on Sunday - it looked even better in the flesh! Hugs Rachel x